Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Four months old

Claire is 4 months old today.

Where the last 3 months went to, I have no idea. It's been a whirlwind, but it has been great. She's at a fun stage in her development now, grabbing all she can get her hands on, showing off big gummy smiles to everyone and chatting up a storm. I suspect a tooth or two wants to come out judging by all the drool coming out of her mouth, and all the fingers she shoves in to chomp down on.

The parenting centre loaned me the use of a baby Excer Saucer for the summer and Claire loves it. She can stand upright and kick her little legs around 'til her heart's content. I would not be surprised if she started walking sooner than later. Although I thought she would be born sooner too and that didn't exactly happen...

I'll make an appointment with Dr. B next week for Claire's 4 month check-up and get the nitty-gritty details on how big she is. She seems long to me, and feels heavy, but I'm sure it's all proportional. Babies do come in all shapes and sizes after all.

I'm hoping to get the go ahead to start her on solids. Breastfeeding has been very good, and so convenient of course, but I'm curious to see if she'll take to food more easily than Lauren did. I don't want to resort to jarred food so easily as I did (although it was organic), and am anxious to try out some yummy baby food recipes. Should be a fun experience all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment